Home/Reorder Wine/Reorder White Wine/Burgundy Macon Village – Les Classiques dry white 2016

Burgundy Macon Village – Les Classiques dry white 2016

$29.00

Tasting Notes: Floral, white rose, honeysuckle. Dry with hints of citrus, grapefruit, honey, lemon

Blend: 100% Chardonnay

Hold Time: Now or up to 5 years

Pair With: charcuterie and terrines, as well as most fish dishes. Halibut, Cod, Shellfish like scallops. Light cheeses like Gruyere or goat cheese.

Clear
Number of Shipments:

SKU: N/A Categories: ,

Description

The Dupuis family has been producing wine in the Burgundy region for 3 generations. André Dupuis and his two sons, Jean-Christophe and Rémi, operate a total of about 27 hectares of vineyards spread over the communes of Mancey and Royer. And 6.57 hectares of the Domaine’s total area is made of Mâcon-Villages appellation. 90% of the vineyards are planted with the classic variety of Chardonnay. The remaining 10% are planted with Chardonnay Muscat. The southeast-facing vines range from 15-37 years of age. And they lie on clay-limestone (covered in small white pebbles) in Royer, and red soils in Mancey. Most of the domaine’s vineyards are covered with straw (mulching), because it adds organic matter and conserve moisture. Then the grapes are transported to the press very quickly in order to prevent oxidation.